My poor baby. My fair, pure, sweet, innocent, almost newborn, skinned baby is scarred. We had his stitches removed this morning. It's hideous. There is still a large gaping hole on his thigh. It looks like a shark attack. Ok, maybe a small lizard attack, but still.
I have to remember that boys like scars. He'll one day have hair that somewhat covers it. He's going to be tough. I've been tending to it twice daily. I've made several trips to Wal-Mart to get the right stuff, the best bandaids, and now for steri-strips (because I think it can still do a better job of healing with less scarring)
Watch this punk go and put a huge tattoo right over it as soon as he turns 18. I'll kill him.
3 comments:
His skin is so young and nice that probably in two or three years you won't be able to see anything. He'll be bummed. Nick had a big gash in his forehead at the age of three, I thought for sure he would always have that scar...it's gone. Don't worry, probably more to come...
You crack me up -- "almost newborn". He'll definitely love his scar and make up some crazy story to tell the ladies.
One of the guys in our squadron tells his son chicks dig scars!
Post a Comment