Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ode to Fuzz Ball Wuzzy

Ode to a spider outside of our window:

Normally I would have squashed you flat
But outside the window is where you sat.

We watched you eat and spin your web
The boys caught dragonflys to keep you fed.

You grew right before our very eyes
And left without saying goodbye.

Circle of Life Mr. Banana Spider. Thanks for the memories. You will be missed by a few in this house. Aunt Kimi, will you come visit now?

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I'm a little disturbed by the dragonflies. I love them and so do my girls. I will not tell Kait and Allie about sacrificing the dragonflies because I am afraid this would cause them to not miss your boys nearly as much as they do right now.

Jen McD said...

ha! Then don't tell them that they ripped their wings off when they threw them in the web so they couldn't fly off. Also, don't tell them that they've tied a string to the poor bug and laughed as it tried to fly in every direction only to be bounced back.

Seriously, they're disturbed. They follow their wolf leader - Keith.

Kim said...

Adios Fuzz Ball Wuzzy! Thank you for leaving before I get there.

And your kids are demented dude. But they had to get that string idea from someone!