Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hopeful!

I've been working on teaching Brad his colors. Disaster. This isn't a new concept or first introduction. He is almost 3 and most kids his age know their colors. This past week we painstakingly went over black and white almost comically getting them wrong every time . I have seriously wondered if he's colorblind. It's crossed my mind that he's a poor "test taker" as in he can't answer questions on the spot. I felt a wave of panic when I think about him not going to preschool next year. The mommy guilt of not knowing how to teach him is enough to make me want to quit. Until today...

Out of the blue, he came up to me and said "The Scorpion that's squishy is orange!" This is his latest attachment. He carries it everywhere and is in his hand at all times. He sleeps with it, bathes with it, and ALWAYS calls it "the scorpion that's squishy". Today he told me it was orange!! Yea! Leave it to Brad to be just off the beaten path. Orange before the primary colors. Orange before black and white. I love that kid.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Go Brad!!! Not wanting to learn must be part of the 2nd child syndrome -- Allie's the same way.

Whitney said...

Careful he might just be way smarter than you think and he's just messing with you. Emmie does this, she always answers yellow when you ask what color but once in a while she forgets and answers correctly.