Sunday, October 4, 2009

Slingbox

Thank you for all the smart individuals who invent the technology for my rotting mind. Thank you to my brother and sister in law for helping us set this up back in the States. Thank you makers of horrible commercials, I really have missed you too.

We have been without television for over 2 months. If you know anything about me, it's a small miracle. Keith was loving the no television way of life. He could live without ever turning another show on. I know, we're like oil and water sometimes.

Let me tell you a little story. This summer I went out and did something TOTALLY out of my character. I went into Best Buy and purchased an itouch without even discussing it with Keith. That's right. I didn't even check for the best price. I even paid extra for the warranty. I made all these decisions on my own about a gadget I had no idea on how to use. That's right!! Best move I ever made. I'll tell you why...

I'm living in Korea without television and my husband doesn't seem to think this should have such an impact on my way of living. Then two weeks ago I figure out you can purchase tv shows right on the itouch and watch them RIGHT ON THE ITOUCH! (see, I told you I don't know how to work these things. It took me that long to figure it out on my own) So, I started buying tv shows. But after you make a purchase the electronic billing statement is emailed to Keith. Busted. This sent him into fast mode - the no-tv way of life was not for me. Against everything inside him, he researched and purchased a slingbox. I know he would prefer me to not watch as much as I do, but hey, he loves me for me. Thank you honey for hooking me up with people that I've missed: Jeff Probst, Judge Mary Murphy, Bob and Jillian, McSteamy, and Mike Rowe. (hey, the last one's for the kids... kinda)

I'm back in touch with reality. I can carry on full conversations with all that is exciting in the world! I still love that little itouch - I can watch stuff from the slingbox/dvr and it's the best little game player. Not that I have a gaming issue. But I might need to see an orthopedist for my holding/support thumb.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Welcome to the slingbox life. I am impressed that you have been 2 months without TV! That wouldn't fly over here either. slingbox is great b/c the british shows are a little less than desirable and I can only take so much of AFN.

Keith McDaniel said...

sad. This is why I'm going to buy apple stock right now.

I'm Erin. said...

I can't believe there was a piece of technology that Keith wasn't ALL ABOUT! ;)