Gulp, I got the call today. There's a school slot open for Cole. He's enrolled for school (they are going off the papers Keith filled out to get him the waiting list) What do I do? What do I do?
I thought this was decided, but now I'm second guessing. I hate making decisions. I think I am a horrible decision maker. It all stems back to August of 1999 and a man named Doyle (if you know what I mean.) Now I always second guess myself. I can't make a big decision to save my life. I'll question and question over and over. The same pros and the same cons.......
I am a great follower. Just tell me and I'll do it. I don't want to be the one in charge. I so wanted to hear that I didn't have a choice. I even chickened out on the phone asking for a number I could call them back - like I was too busy to talk. Cluck, cluck.
Yesterday I followed some girls to a place called Happy Quilt. Happy Quilt is a fabric store. Some might go as far as calling it a shed. It has more patterned cotton then I've ever seen in my life. There was so much "stuff". My mother would have been in heaven. I was going to bring the camera, but lets just say that mine is temporarily out of order. Quite possibly for longer then a couple of years. There was a couple of things I fell in love with, but I didn't bring any won. (Won is the currency here - you probably knew that, but it looks funny so close to the word any)
Today I woke up, cleaned the house, separated lego men (more on that another time), made lunch, cleaned the bathroom, got ready, went to the commissary, got cash, walked down the street to exchange it for won, and set off to Happy Quilt on my own! Big Girl in a foreign country! As we drove up, I read the small English sign - open Wendsday and Saturday ONLY! Bummer. Cole said "That's ok Mommy, we can just come back Saturday.... after my game" Thanks baby!
He has a soccer game on Saturday, and we've only had one practice. He's got red jersey #3. Four boys and Six girls (who are taller and faster then all the boys put together!) make up the un-named red team. I hope Keith is up for taking pictures on his fancy camera. Dang you Cannon Powershot and your non-water loving ways!
5 comments:
Yea...you are going to buy fabric...what are you going to make? Bring it back and we can put it together - together...find a pattern you like...:) YEA YEA what happened to the cannon? I think Cole will be fine either way...but, he loved having his "friends" at school...maybe you will find a "rock" friend.
Follower? Tell me what to do and I'll do it? I would never describe you like that ever! This sister I know makes a decision and sticks with it...and isn't scared to back it up! Toughen up sister. You got this. And damn you Doyle!
But I like how you followed the girls to the fabric store :) That's funny. And any won made me laugh too.
What did you do to your camera? We've got to see video and pictures of Cole's game! Gooooo #3!
So what did you decide on school. I have SO MUCH to talk to you about!
Tough decision! If it weren't for Keith's schedule & your traveling opportunities I'd say do what's easier on you and put Cole in school. And you could still homeschool Brad to get that experience.
But the schedule thing is a big deal.
Sorry to be no help at all! But I still think you'll do a great job at homeschooling so definitely don't quit because you don't believe that!
Jennifer, you will have to do what you think is best in your heart. But I will say here the DOD school is very relaxed and understanding to kids traveling when parents can get off. Not sure if it would be the same there.
Post a Comment