Thursday, March 20, 2008

Brad's Starving

This kid can eat. He will eat all day long. In fact he's digging through the pantry right now (at the tender age of 21 months). The worst part of his day is when I'm cooking dinner. My little guy has no patience or concept of "it will be ready in a minute." Brad screams bloody murder if I'm in the kitchen and it is not producing immediate food results. I should have him checked for a tapeworm. I don't understand where it all goes. He's still in the 25% percentile for his size/age. He manages to get it all down with only FIVE teeth. Amazing.

Earlier this week, I got to have a Mommy-Cole day! We went to a play in Boise and then off to lunch. I ordered him his first Root beer Float. He l.o.v.e.d. it , affectionately calling it his "beer float", but beer sounds more like "beard." Last night we decided to make homemade ice cream and make our own floats. To steer clear of the caffeine we used sprite instead. Cole wanted to know if I had beer/beard and I said no - then he asked if I had any float. Yep, float is covered! So we had our sprite floats with neon straws and they were pleased. We even got to talk about how much Papa Sir loves sprite floats, coke floats, Dr pepper floats and oh ya - root beer floats. (that's also his standard sno-cone flavor!)

So, I'm off to make dinner and dread the constant screaming for "snac-nees." (those are what he calls fruit chews - hehehe) One day I'll become wise and feed him WHILE I'm cooking - I'm fairly confident he'll make room for dinner in that bottomless belly.

No comments: