Tuesday, March 25, 2008

M.D.O. - Sorry Son

Cole,

I noticed a class picture from Mother's Day Out. I wrote all the names I knew on the back, and realized that you might have questions one day as to why I pulled you out of there. It was a very hard decision and several factors went into play. I dreaded pulling you away from the friends you just made. I mean, you had to say goodbye to all your friends in N.C. less than a year ago. What was I thinking?

Well... I knew from day one that this was not the right environment for you. I had this "feeling". I know now to listen to it much faster! I was torn between respecting what the teacher was doing to maintain a class vs. what I thought was fair to you. I hope you understand that I will always support you, but I will always give the respect your teachers deserve. It sounds so silly to say to a preschooler. I'm not the kind of parent to think my children can do no wrong. But, I'm definitely not the kind of parent to keep you in an environment where there are serious issues affecting you. We moved you from the program and sent you to Children's House. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! It was so hard to watch you be the new kid. All the other children knew the rules, the order things are done, and established friendships. It didn't take long before you had it figured out and made friendships of your own. It's a good thing knowing you can adapt to these kind of changes well. You are such a quick learner! Within one week all the issues we had at MDO were reverted and you were doing things I KNEW you could do. I'm so much happier knowing I'm not pushing you into the door, you want to be there. There's even a part of me that feels good knowing you don't want to go home when I pick you up.

No comments: