I wish I could count all the journals I have started and left to die. I wasn't even much of a "diary" girl when I was younger. So why start again? For my boys. I've become so bad at writing in their baby books. I want to record all these precious times, funny sayings, and everyday memories that I know I will forget. Keith will also be deploying soon, and I hope he can read through this and get a better picture as to what we're up to while he's away. The good, bad, and ugly of what he's missing while we are missing him.
There has been some friends who's journal entries have really touched my heart. I've seen the benefit of leaving behind words and memories for our loved ones. I want my boys to know how much they are loved, even on the days I'm louder about other things. I want them to know that I am human and have other thoughts I don't get to express when I'm in mommy-mode. I want them to know that staying home with them them is really my dream come true.
First thing's first... I'm a horrible speller. I also type how I speak - not always grammatically, structurally correct. I went to college. I know there are verb tense rules, prepositional phrasing, and correct comma usage. I just have issues with adhering to them. If you can look past those errors and read the content, this journal will serve its purpose. There might be some randomness at first. As memories come to me I will write about them. Seriously, these boys have had some humorous moments. I'm ditching the old handwritten journal and going high-tech - almost strictly for the fact that the computer provides spell check. I'm really that bad!
Now, I have some catching up to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment